Windy (also known as Windyty) is an extraordinary tool for weather forecast visualization. This fast, intuitive, detailed and most accurate weather app is trusted by professional pilots, paragliders, skydivers, kiters, surfers, boaters, fishermen, storm chasers and weather geeks, and even by governments, army staffs and rescue teams.
Whether you are tracking a tropical storm or potential severe weather, planning a trip, pursuing your favorite outdoor sport, or you just need to know if it will rain this weekend, Windy provides you with the most up-to-date weather forecast around.
The uniqueness of Windy lies in the fact that it brings you better quality information than the other weather apps’ pro-features, while our product is absolutely free and even without ads.
Powerful, smooth and fluid presentation makes weather forecasting a real pleasure!
ALL FORECAST MODELS AT ONCE
Windy brings you all the world's leading weather forecasting models: global ECMWF and GFS, plus local NEMS and ICON (for Europe) and NAM (for the USA).
It can not be easier: Just compare all the available models at once and make better decisions!
35 DIFFERENT WEATHER LAYERS
From wind, rain, temperature, humidity, and pressure to swell or CAPE index, with Windy, you will have all convenient weather layers just at your fingertips.
Windy lets you display observed wind and temperature, forecasted weather, airports around the World, 1500+ paragliding spots, kiting spots or nearby webcams right on the map.
You can add your favorite weather layers to quick menu, customize color palette on any weather layer, access advanced options in the settings and save your preferences. All that makes Windy the weather geeks' tool of choice!
For any location on the map you can display the following detailed weather information:
• Basic forecast – temperature, rain and snow accumulation, wind speed, wind gusts and wind direction
• Meteogram – temperature and dew point, wind speed and wind gusts, pressure, precipitation, altitude cloud cover, cloud base
• Airgram – wind barbs, temperature and cloud cover in different altitudes, precipitation)
• Waves forecast – wind direction, wind speed and wind gusts, wave direction, and wave height, swell direction and swell height, swell period
For any place on Earth, you can set an alert for your “desired weather.” These alerts consider a number of weather conditions: wind, waves, rain, new snow, temperature, clouds, time/duration and forecast model settings.
Available for the USA (including Hawaii and coastal parts of Alaska), South Korea and a couple of islands in the North Pacific Ocean and in the Caribbean. Updated every 5 minutes.
FEATURES AND DATA SOURCES
• All the leading weather forecast models: ECMWF, GFS by NOAA, NEMS, ICON, and NAM
• 34 global weather layers + Weather radar for certain parts of the world
• 16 altitude levels from surface to 13.5km/FL450
• Metric or imperial units
• Basic forecast, Meteogram, and Airgram for any location
• Altitude and Timezone info, Sunrise and Sunset time for any place
• Tide forecast for some parts of the world
• Nearby weather stations – Real-time observed weather such as wind direction, wind speed, and reported temperature
• 50k+ Airports searchable by ICAO and IATA, including runway info, decoded & raw METARs, TAFs and NOTAMs
• 1500+ Paragliding spots with detailed info
• Kiting & windsurfing spots
• Webcams for every location
• Translated to 40 world languages
...and many more
WEBSITE WIDGETS AND API
Embed Windy map or detailed forecast for any location on your website or blog, or build your own app on top of Windy API.
GET IN TOUCH
Join us at community.windy.com to discuss weather-related topics, report a bug or suggest a new feature.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/windyforecast
• Twitter: twitter.com/windyforecast
• Instagram: instagram.com/windycommunity